Thursday, January 5, 2012

Break Through in Cancer Research for Blood Cancers!

I saw this article several months ago and I have no idea why it took so long for me to post it. I try to follow breakthroughs in cancer research as much as possible (not sure if I've ever posted this, but I actually am involved in cancer research and hope to start my PhD in the fall) and this is one that I found incredibly exciting... probably the most exciting I've ever read actually. Essentially, the researchers at the University of Pennsylvania cured 3 people of a rare form of leukemia by the use of gene therapy. Check out the article, it explains it way better than I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..... 'WHAT A RIDE!'"