I've had people ask me if I'm scared. That's a hard question to answer. I guess I'm supposed to be scared... that would be normal. But oddly I don't really feel scared. A little nervous. And maybe dreading it a little simply for the pain factor and having to spend my Christmas break in bed basically. But I'm not scared of what might happen or what they might find. If something is there, then I hope they do find it. It is what it is. That is all I can say. We can't spend our lives in fear or constantly worrying. And I have enough normal things in my life to worry about (i.e. finances, school, job, etc). I don't need any more than normal.
I'm ready for it to come and go. I think the waiting is the worst part. I hate that I've had to wait so long to do it... well partly had to, partly avoiding it. I've been trying to wait it out for 2 years, hoping I wouldn't have to have it removed (it being whatever it is on my ovary). Then, in September when I found out I had to do it, I then had to wait for the school semester to be out, making December 12 the first day I was able to schedule it. So that is D-day. Appreciate any and all prayers. I know God will take care of me :)
So here is my reading list (not that I will read ALL of them... these are just my choices)... if you have any books or movies to suggest, send the comments my way! It would be super helpful!
1. Professor and the Madman by: Simon Winchester
2. Crazy River by: Richard Grant
3. Sailing Alone Around the World by: Joshua Slocum
4. The Charlemagne Pursuit by: Steve Berry
5. Around Ireland with a Fridge by: Tony Hawks
6. The Professor by: Charlotte Bronte
7. The Emperor of All Maladies by: Siddhartha Mukherjee (appropriate huh? lol)
8. Around the World in Eighty Days by: Jules Verne
9. Getting Stoned with Savages by: J. Maarten Troost
10. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by: Barbara Kingsolver