Monday, June 11, 2012

FDX Main Salmon River Trip

My summer is about to take a turn for the better.

No seriously. I feel as if I'm about to leave Alabama for the first time. That's how giddy I am.

In exactly 3 weeks and 2 days I will be flying to Denver, Colorado where I will be picked up by my friend Tiffany (aka Closer). Then the following day we will both be picked up by our friends Mike and Karson (aka Clicks and Johnny) and the four of us will drive to Missoula, Montana where we will attend a kayak camp with First Descents. This particular camp will consist of one week whitewater kayaking down the Main Salmon river in Idaho, complete with camping on beaches and awesome river-side meals prepared by some awesome FD chefs. *Sigh* My life is complete :)

You know how I said I leave in a little over 3 weeks?? Well you sure wouldn't know it by looking in my office/ guest room.


Last night around midnight I got super excited and just began pulling out any kayaking or camping gear I could find. My FD helmet, my GoPro camera, paddle top, boots, sleeping bag, backpack... only thing missing is my tent! It was then piled on my guest bed and there it will sit for the next 3 weeks and 2 days. And I just cleaned that room... oops :-/

Not only am I super excited about the FD trip but I am sooo looking forward to our road-trip as well! One thing I always wanted to do in college was take tons of road-trips with my friends but because I had my nose so far up a book I ended up only taking a couple short ones. So for me this will be the road-trip I never got to take as a college student. So watch out ya'll! :) And I will be with 3 of my closest friends from camp... it can't get better than that. 

While I won't be able to blog during most of the trip (no electricity on the river) I will journal and post my entries after I get home. 

Now I just have to figure out... how am I going to get through the next 3 weeks??? I'm like a kid before Christmas, I just can't wait!

Here are some pics of us all from past camps... love them :)

Johnny and me at FD2 Montana camp

Tomorrow and me from FD1 Colorado camp

Closer, Mudbutt, and me- FD1 Colorado

Hombre and me from FD1 CO

Cockpit and me- FD1 CO

Me and Pockets- FD1 CO- He taught me how to roll!

Me and Dogbite- FD1 CO- Awesome instructor!

The girls- FD1 CO

Our whole group- FD1 CO

I just realized I have no pics of Clicks!! Probably because he is always BEHIND the camera :) So thanks to Clicks for all of my awesome pics from camp!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..... 'WHAT A RIDE!'"