Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blogger Summit: Day 1

This morning I hopped on a plane and two flights later I landed in Phoenix, where I'll be attending a blogger summit for the next few days. This town is so different than any other town in America that I've been to. I don't think I've seen a patch of grass since being here, yet the land here is so gorgeous. Who knew the desert looked like this?? Not to mention my hotel room is equipped with a jet tub... ahhh.

I love these kind of trips... trips where I get to spend days with other cancer survivors just discussing treatment and our experiences. The bonding is awesome and the support is so therapeutic. I always so home re-energized and feeling like I can take on the world. This weekend I am here in Phoenix for Cancer Treatment Centers of America's Blogger Summit. They have invited 10 of us bloggers to come out and tour the hospital, speak with doctors and patients, eat the food (the AMAZING food cooked by their EXECUTIVE chef!), and learn more about the whole body care system that they offer. I'm excited to learn more about this place... I'm very pro alternative health and innovative treatments in addition to traditional therapies and CTCA seems to incorporate many different aspects of health. I'll be having a one-on-one session with a Naturopathic doctor tomorrow and I'm super pumped because I think nutritional health is one thing that is really overlooked in cancer treatment. I had my colon removed, and while I had great docs, I have hardly been given any info on how my nutrition should change and what issues I might encounter post-surgery. I have SO SO many questions... I'm afraid I'm going to be that annoying patient/new med student/ young kid who just goes on and on and on.

So stay tuned for my day 2 update! I'm also hoping to get some blogging tips from more seasoned bloggers... I need to start doing this more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..... 'WHAT A RIDE!'"